You have a lot to handle when travelling for business. The last thing you need is to worry if your personal assistant (PA) has everything under control or is forgetting an important detail for your trip. So, put aside your worries and have your PA review this short list of things to do when scheduling your business trips.
1. Create an Itinerary: While this seems basic it the key to a good trip. Make a list of all appointments and locations to visit during the trip. Your PA can then locate the best hotels and transportation to keep you on task and rested during your trip.
2. Checklists: Once the itinerary is complete, you PA should create checklists for the trip. Include everything from travel documents and business paperwork needed to luggage and special outfits based on events during the trip. Have your PA include a document of customs regulations for each country you will be visiting.
3. Travel Plans: Have your PA buy refundable tickets and travel insurance to save your company money when plans change. He or she should also arrange for a private driver in advance as public transportation can be challenging in foreign countries.
4. Proper Communication: Have your PA check your cell phone plan for coverage during your trip. If coverage is not possible with your current phone plan, you PA should research mobile plans in the country you will be visiting.
5. Keep Updated: Your PA needs to be on top of your travel plans. He or she will need to get updates on your travel via text and email, then alert you to travel changes.
You PA will save you time and stress by doing these five things when scheduling your business trip.