Whether you have been to Barcelona or always wanted to go, 2020 is the year to visit this wonderful city! Culturally rich and a bustling nightlife make this a wonderful place for every generation.
Here’s our pick of the top things to do while visiting.
1. Tour the Sagrada Familia, or the Expiatory Temple of the Holy Family. This basilica has become the symbol of the city of Barcelona and is a must see attraction.
Construction of the basilica has lasted 144 years, and it scheduled to be completed by 2026, the 100th anniversary of the original architects death.
2. Visit Camp Nou, the FC Barcelona stadium. It is the largest stadium in Europe and can seat 98,772 people! A tour will last two hours. Stop by the FCB store on sight, the largest FBC store in the world.
Get tickets to a match while there!
3. See the Picasso Museum in the city where he exhibited his first works! This museum houses many of his earlier works (1890-1917)in five houses and palaces.
4. Stroll Barrio Gotico, the Gothic Quarter around the Catedral de la Santa Creu.Here you will find remains of Roman and medieval architecture. A day strolling this area will offer much to photograph or buy. Look for antique dealers, umbrella merchants, and many restaurants.
5. Hop-On Hop-Off Tourist bus may be the best way to see all the main attractions of Barcelona. This system allows visitors to get on the bus as many times as they wish while stopping at the main attractions around the city. These busses have 3 routes, 45 stops, and 5 interconnections!
There are too many reasons to visit Barcelona to list here, but we hope you will visit this amazing city. While here, stay in one of our furnished apartments close to your favorite destination.